100g of RR. Spink Cold Smoked Salmon
3 big slices of rye bread, 1cm thick
2 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
1 tsp Dijon mustard
3 heaped tbsp sauerkraut
1 large gherkin, thinly sliced lengthways
60g Emmental cheese
“Classically made with beef, a Reuben is the ultimate deli sandwich & one of my top smoked salmon recipes for hungry lunch times!” – Scott Fraser, RR. Spink & Sons Chef
- Mix the mayonnaise with the mustard then set aside.
- Brush the rye bread with a little olive oil and toast in a chargrill pan for about 3 minutes each side.
- Remove the toast from the pan and place on to a warmed plate, then spread with the mustard mayonnaise.
- Top two slices of the rye toast with the cheese with gherkins, layer on the smoked salmon and finally add the sauerkraut – you should have two “open” sandwiches. Place one sandwich on top of the other and put on the lid.
- Serve with a watercress salad or French fries seasoned with salt and smoked paprika.