This is a fantastically healthy gluten-free, carb free smoked fish recipe that makes great use of summery courgettes! Our classic cold smoked trout adds depth of flavour, balanced perfectly with the creamy ricotta and a zesty squeeze of lemon juice. Delightful Mediterranean flavours, without the pasta!
- 1 packet of RR. Spink & Sons Cold Smoked Trout
- 1 bag of prepared spiralised courgette (or if you have your own spiraliser, from 2-3 firm courgettes)
- 4 tbsp ricotta cheese
- zest and juice of half a lemon
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts (optional)
- cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper
Place a medium non-stick frying pan onto a high heat and pour in 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil. Once hot, cook the courgette for 2 to 3 minutes, until just wilted.
Add the ricotta and then season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Cut the smoked trout into 2cm strips and stir it through the courgette to warm through.
Take the pan off the heat transfer the spaghetti between two pasta dishes.
To serve, tear the fresh basil leaves, and grate some lemon zest. Finish with the pine nuts if you’re using them.