Hosting a dinner party? Smoked trout recipes like this fresh, classic dish are sure to impress, and are also wonderfully quick and easy to prepare.
- 1 packet of RR. Spink & Sons Loch Etive Cold Smoked Trout (100g)
- 1 bunch of asparagus, the thickest you can find
- 50g Anster Cheese, or any other hard cheese if you can’t find Anster
- Cold pressed rapeseed oil
- Sea salt
- 2 duck eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
“There’s something extra satisfying about eating what’s in season, and this is one of my go-to dinner party recipes for spring!” – Scott Fraser, RR. Spink & Sons Chef
- Heat a chargrill over a medium heat. If the asparagus is thick, cut it in half lengthways; then toss in a little salt and the rapeseed oil.
- Place on the chargrill, cut side down, and grill for 4 minutes then turn over and grill for a further 3 minutes.
- As the asparagus is cooking, fry the duck eggs in a little butter (as you would a normal hen’s egg!).
- Put the asparagus on two warmed plates, then top with slices of smoked trout, followed by the duck eggs. To finish, grate over the cheese and add a final drizzle of rapeseed oil.