Few healthy breakfast recipes bring so much colour and flavour to the table as this cold smoked trout dish – it makes a great alternative brunch option, and is also perfect as a light lunch.
- 1 packet of RR. Spink & Sons Cold smoked trout
- 6 medium plum tomatoes
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 ripe avocado
- 1 lemon, juice & zest
- 2 slices sourdough or country bread
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
“Who said healthy breakfast recipes need be dull? Case in point – this amazing combination of fresh, nutritious ingredients!” – Scott Fraser, RR. Spink & Sons Chef
- Preheat the oven to 150°
- Halve the tomatoes and place in a single layer on a baking tray, cut side up. Sprinkle with some olive oil, sugar, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the tomatoes begin to shrink and caramelise round the edges.
- Halve and stone the avocado, scooping the flesh into a bowl. Grate in the lemon zest, squeeze over the lemon juice, and season with salt, then gently crush the ingredients together without mashing.
- Toast the sourdough and spoon on the avocado; top this with RR. Spink & Sons Cold Smoked Trout and finish with the baked tomatoes.