A midweek dinner that doesn’t skimp on flavour, this simple pasta dish only requires a few store cupboard ingredients. If you can’t find conchiglie, just use any pasta shapes that you have.
- 1 pack RR. Spink & Sons Hot Smoked Trout, flaked
- 1 large head of broccoli cut into florets, stalk peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 340g conchiglie pasta
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 tbsp Parmesan, finely grated
Cook the broccoli in a large pan of salted boiling water until just tender, about three minutes, then remove, allow to cool and chop into small pieces.
Use the same water to boil the pasta for around three minutes less than the suggested cooking time on the packet, as it will continue to cook when added to the pan later on.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large pan on a medium heat.
Fry the garlic until golden, stirring frequently so it doesn’t burn, then add the broccoli, two thirds of the trout, and a ladleful of the pasta water and simmer.