This is a winter lunch or light dinner packed with good-for-you ingredients; seasonal sprouts, almonds and of course, Omega-3 and protein rich hot smoked salmon!
- 180g RR. Spink & Sons Kiln Roast Salmon
- 500g small brussel sprouts, halved
- 20g unsalted butter
- 8 dry cured bacon pancetta slices cut into 1/2 cm strips
- 1 garlic colve, finely chopped
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 tblsp chopped rosemary
“Kiln roast salmon works wonderfully in quick and easy smoked salmon recipes like this, which balances texture and flavour with a few carefully selected ingredients.” Scott Fraser – RR. Spink & Sons
- Blanch the brussel sprouts in boiling water for 2 – 3 min until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Meanwhile, place a medium frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the bacon and vergetable oil and fry the bacon for 2-3mins until starting to colour and crisp.
- Add the butter, garlic and brussel sprouts, cook for 2-3mins to lightly colour and warm through.
- Add the almonds, then cook, stirring for a further minute.
- Remove from heat, stir in the rosemary.
- Place the sprouts in a deep wide serving bowl then flake over the kiln roast salmon.