Subtle hot smoked trout is the perfect partner for Asian flavours. Whether you’re seeking an impressive starter or quick meal, trout recipes like these lettuce parcels should be close at hand!
- 2 packets of RR. Spink & Sons Kiln Roast Trout
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 red chillies, finely minced
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 tblsp coriander, chopped
- 1 lime, zest & juice
- 150g water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1tsp Demerara sugar
- 1 packet of baby gem lettuce
“One the most ingenious & delicious quick meal ideas to come out of China – and trust me there are many! A must-make for any serious foodie.” – Scott Fraser, RR. Spink & Sons Chef
- Flake the trout into a bowl and mix in all of the remaining ingredients, aside from the lettuce leaves, leaving some spring onion and coriander for garnish.
- Separate the lettuce into individual leaves and place on a tray.
- Portion a spoonful of the trout mixture into each leaf. Garnish with the remaining spring onion and coriander.