Makes 6 sliders
- 2 packets of RR. Spink & Sons Kiln Roast Trout (240g)
- 1 tsp of Tikka paste
- Small bunch of coriander
- 1 lime, zest & juice
- 6x slider buns (or small rolls)
- 100ml thick Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
For the relish:
- ½ a cucumber, peeled, cut in half lengthwise, deseeded (use a teaspoon) & sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded & finely sliced
- 1tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp palm sugar
“This hot smoked trout recipe is a wonderfully simple way to include Indian spice in canapés or lunch, without needing to cook an entire curry!” – Scott Fraser, RR. Spink & Sons chef
- To make the trout mix, flake the Kiln Roast Trout into a bowl and stir in the tikka paste, lime juice, lime zest and coriander.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, mint and toasted cumin seeds; set both bowls aside while you make the relish.
- For the cucumber relish, bring the palm sugar and vinegar to the boil in a small saucepan, then remove from the heat and add the chilli and sliced cucumber. Leave to cool for 30 minutes.
- When the relish is ready to use, drain off any excess liquid and gently pat the cucumber dry.
- To assemble, place a spoonful of the hot smoked trout onto a slider bun, top with a little of the cucumber relish, and season with the cumin and mint yogurt to complete.