This is our fun take on the summer classic, New England lobster rolls; a favourite of harbour towns along the East Coast of the USA. Here we use our own delicious, low-fat kiln roast salmon and plump juicy crayfish tails!
Old Bay seasoning is a classic, tasty herb and spice mix from the states, look out for the retro packaging in good delis.
- 1 packet of RR. Spink & Sons Kiln Roast Salmon
- 75g crayfish tails
- 1/4 sweetheart lettuce, finely shredded
- 4 lemon wedges
- ½ tsp Old Bay seasoning (paprika will do if you can’t find it)
- 2 tbsp of low fat mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of sundried tomato purée
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
- 4 hot dog rolls or brioche finger rolls
To make the mayonnaise, mix the Old Bay seasoning and lemon juice with the mayonnaise until combined.
Break the kiln roast salmon into large flakes and place into the mixing bowl along with the crayfish tails.
Split the hot dog rolls in half lengthways. Half-fill with the lettuce and top with the fish mix.
Spoon the mayonnaise on top and sprinkle with some chopped chives. Serve with the lemon wedges.