A twist on the French classic using our Hot Smoked Trout and aromatic lemon zest, for a flavour-filled lunch or a fresh, healthy starter.
Serves 1 as a main, 2 . as a sharing starter
- 60-80g RR. Spink & Sons Hot Smoked Trout
- 100g green beans, topped & tailed & blanched
- 200g baby potatoes, cooked and cooled
- 1 free range egg
- a selection of pitted olives
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- a handful of baby tomatoes, chopped in half
- a handful of fresh salad leaves, washed
- salt & pepper
- lemon zest to finish
For the dressing
- pinch of sea salt & black pepper
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp white wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
Mix all the dressing ingredients in a mason jar until emulsified.
Boil the egg for 3 minutes (for a runny centre), cool and peel off the shell. Cut in half.
Assemble the salad by combining the green beans, olives, onions, tomatoes, halved or quartered baby potatoes, olives and salad leaves.
Arrange chunks or flakes of the hot smoked trout on top of the salad, along with the egg.
Drizzle the dressing over the top of the salad and finish with a sprinkle of fresh lemon zest.