Healthy smoked salmon recipes inspired by the Mediterranean are perfect for bringing a little sunshine to your lunch table.
- 1 packet of RR Spink & Sons Cold Smoked Salmon
- 150g peas, fresh or frozen (defrosted)
- 150g broad beans, fresh or frozen (defrosted)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- Zest of 1 lemon, juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp mint leaves, plus a couple extra to garnish
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Sumac
- 2 tbsp pinenuts, toasted in a dry pan until golden brown
- 2 pitta breads
“Healthy salmon recipes such as this are great for lunch or as part of meze platter, although it’s so delicious you may not want to share…” Scott Fraser, RR Spink & Sons Chef
- Start by making the hummus – combine the peas, mint, garlic, lemon zest and broad beans in a food processor and blend to a rough paste.
- Gradually pour the olive oil and lemon juice into the hummus paste; the mix should slowly become a thick puree.
- Toast the pita breads and top each with half of the broad bean hummus.
- Layer the smoked salmon on top and garnish with the sumac, pine nuts and mint leaves.
- Serve with yogurt on the side.