- 200g RR. Spink & Sons kiln roast smoked salmon
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- 2 lemons, zest only
- 110g parmesan, finely grated
- Small bunch fresh chives, finely chopped
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large free-range eggs, beaten
- Knob unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Small handful fresh watercress
- 2tbsp lemon juice
“Eggs with hot smoked salmon is a classic combination for good reason, and an omelette is the ultimate way to enjoy it!” – Scott Fraser, RR Spink & Sons
Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- 1.Mix the crème fraîche with the lemon zest, grated parmesan and most of the chives. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2.Heat half the butter with half of the oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat, and pour in the lightly beaten eggs, stirring slightly as they cook to loosen them from the sides of the pan.
- 3.Flake the salmon while the eggs are cooking.
- 4.When the eggs are still slightly runny on top but have started to set, spread over half of the crème fraîche mixture, then scatter over half of the salmon and transfer the omelette to a baking sheet. Repeat to make the second omelette.