Using seasonal winter ingredients, this quick and easy recipe is a Scottish update on classic comfort food – it works equally well for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 2 packets of RR. Spink & Sons Kiln roast salmon
- 500g floury potatoes cut peeled and cut into 2cm dice
- 250g Brussels sprouts cut in half
- 250g black pudding diced in to 2cm pieces
- Small bunch of chives chopped
- 50g butter
“This roast salmon recipe puts a contemporary twist on the traditional. One of my favourite smoked salmon recipes!” – Scott Fraser, RR. Spink & Sons chef
- Put the potatoes into a large saucepan and cover with salted water.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile in a medium saucepan fry the sprouts gently in the butter until they start to caramelise and soften.
- Drain the potatoes and leave to dry in the colander for five minutes.
- Add the pan along with the black pudding and cook for over a medium heat stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Try and get some colour onto the potatoes.
- Serve still in the pan with the salmon flaked over and sprinkle with chives.