Serves 4 people
- 1-2 packets of RR Spink Kiln roast trout
- 400g sweet potatoes cut in half
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Half tsp of thyme, finely chopped
- 8 eggs, beaten
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
“One of my favourite hot smoked trout recipes to rustle up in the morning for breakfast, or ahead of a picnic.” Scott Fraser
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 20 minutes. Add the broccoli and kale for the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Place a medium, non-stick frying pan onto a low heat and add the olive oil.
- Put the potatoes, broccoli and into the pan then flake over RR. Spink & Sons kiln roast trout, seasoning with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Pour in the eggs and stir gently. Cook on a low heat for 5-6 minutes until the edges are set and the centre has a bit of a wobble.
- Finish cooking the frittata under the grill until it is cooked through.
- Slice into portions, and serve hot or cold with a green side salad.