Made with classic Italian ingredients, a crowd-pleasing pizza topped with tasty smoked trout will become one of your favourite easy fish recipes.
For the topping:
- 1 packet of RR. Spink & Sons Cold Smoked Trout (120g), flaked
- 125g mascarpone
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp of parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp mini capers
- 200g rocket
- 100g Parmesan
- Extra virgin olive oil to serve
For the base:
- 500g strong white bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp fast-acting yeast (or 2 tsp of baking powder for a super-speedy alternative)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 300ml warm water
“You know you’re onto a winner when you find easy fish recipes the whole family can get involved with making, such as this delicious pizza!” – Scott Fraser, RR. Spink & Sons’ Chef
- To make the pizza dough, put the sugar, yeast and 50ml of the warm water in a cup and leave for 15 minutes to start bubbling.
- Place the rest of the flour and the salt in a bowl. Create a well in the center and pour in the yeast mixture along with the remaining water. Mix with a spoon until the mixture comes together to form a soft dough.
- Transfer the mix to a floured surface and knead for 20 minutes, until the dough becomes smooth. Use a little extra flour if it begins to stick.
- Put the dough in a bowl and cover with a lid or a wet towel and leave to double in size – this should take about 1 hour.
- For the quick dough, mix all of the dry ingredients together with the water and knead until smooth – the dough will be ready to use immediately!
- To make the topping, combine the mascarpone with the minced garlic, Parmesan and parsley then season with salt and black pepper.
- Pre-heat your oven to 275°C. Roll the dough out to the thickness of a £1 coin, cover the top of the pizza with the mascarpone mix and dot with the capers and RR. Spink & Sons Smoked Trout.
- Transfer the pizza to a baking tray and bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes, or until the base is crisp.
- Top with the rocket salad and a drizzle of olive oil to serve.