Paying fitting homage to its opulent namesake, our take on a classic Waldorf salad with smoked trout is packed with delicious ingredients; ideal as an accompaniment or main meal.
Serves 4 people
- 1 packet of RR. Spink & Sons kiln roast trout
- 12 Walnuts
- 2 tbsp of caster sugar
- 1 Braeburn apples
- 2 sticks of celery plus celery leaves
- ¼ Celariac
- 2 tbsp golden raisins
- 1 clementine juice and zest
- 1 tbsp low fat Greek yogurt
- Small bunch of flat leaf parsley roughly chopped
- Cracked black pepper
“This fish salad recipe is a winner at any time of year.” Scott Fraser, RR. Spink & Sons chef
- In a non-stick saucepan add the sugar and 2 tbsp of water.
- Bring to the boil and add the walnuts. Reduce the syrup until it coats the walnuts. Pour onto a non-stick tray and allow to cool.
- To make the salad, slice the celery into 1/2cm discs, the celeriac into thin slices and the apple in to half-moon slices.
- Mix these with the clementine juice, zest, golden raisins, salt and black pepper.
- Place the salad into a serving with dots of Greek yogurt, flat parsley and flakes of trout.