Fantastic with our Edinburgh Gin infused trout, but also brilliant with our original Loch Etive cold smoked trout, this is a refreshingly light canapé that nonetheless bursts with flavour.
Serves 4 – 6 people
- 150g RR. Spink & Sons Edinburgh Gin cured smoked trout
- 200g cucumber, peeled & deseeded
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp of yellow mustard seeds
- 50g of freshly grated horseradish mixed with 140g crème fraiche
- 1 packet of charcoal crackers
- 1 small jar of apple jelly
- Small bunch of dill
“Trout recipes like this are great for entertaining. With a small amount of preparation beforehand, you can present a truly homemade canapé that’ll bring smiles all round.” Scott Fraser, RR. Spink & Sons chef
- To make the pickle: slice the cucumber into ½ slices and mix with the cider vinegar, sugar and mustard seeds.
- Leave to marinate for 20 minute to an hour.
- Strain off the excess liquid and reserve the cucumber.
- Place the cucumber on serving plates and add the smoked trout.
- Dot the plate with apple jelly and horseradish cream. Finish the plate with charcoal crackers and dill sprigs.