Discover the surprisingly harmonious marriage of our smoked trout with Stilton cheese in this deceptively quick and easy recipe – we promise you’ll love it!
- 200g RR. Spink & Sons cold smoked trout
- 150g broccoli
- 150g red onion
- 100g Stilton cheese
- 40g pesto
- 20g lamb’s lettuce
- 3 sheets of filo pastry
- 2 free range eggs
- 20ml milk
“Put smoked trout to good use with this delicious filo tart – a great recipe for dinner parties” – Scott Fraser, RR. Spink & Sons chef
- Begin by preheating your oven to 180 degrees.
- Break eggs and add milk to make an egg wash
- Place the first sheet on the baking tray layered with baking parchment and brush with egg wash.
- Repeat with the other two filo sheets then brush the upper sheet with pesto.
- Cut the broccoli into florets and place on top of the filo base.
- Cut the red onion slice into thin strips. Place on top of the filo base
- Crumble the Stilton onto the onions and broccoli.
- Slice the trout into the strips and place them onto the mixture.
- Place the tart in to the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with lamb’s lettuce and serve.