- 150g RR. Spink & Sons Kiln Roast Trout
- 100g black olives
- 5g sundried tomato paste
- ¼ Savoy cabbage, roughly chopped
- 150g chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled & finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 4 fresh tomatoes, deseeded & roughly chopped
- 300g chickpeas, drained
- Sea salt & freshly milled black pepper
“Inspired by my time in Spain, this flavourful dish is one of my favourite hot smoked trout recipes to make for dinner!” – Scott Fraser, RR. Spink & Sons Chef
1. Cook the chorizo for 2 -3 minutes over a medium heat in a dry, medium-sized, wide-based saucepan – it should release about 2 tbsp of oil as it cooks.
2. Add the onions, garlic, and celery and cook for a further 7-8 min, or until soft.
3. Add the tomatoes, sundried tomato paste, black olives and chickpeas, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 min.
4. Add the Savoy cabbage and cook for further 4 minutes.
5. Finally, add the Kiln Roast Trout in fairly large chunks and stir through carefully, ensuring to not break up the fish.
6. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper – serve in deep bowls with crusty bread.