Looking for something a little bit different to serve at your next party? These cold smoked trout canapés marry big flavours and bright colours to guarantee the wow factor!
Makes 24 Canapes
- 1 packet RR. Spink & Sons Lock Etive Cold Smoked Trout Infused with Warming Winter Spices, sliced into 24 rough squares
- 1 pack cooked beetroot (4 pieces)
- 1 packet pre-rolled all butter puff pastry
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 clementine, zest only
- Crème fraîche, to serve
“Try them once, and these winter spiced smoked trout canapés are likely to become one of your signature dinner party recipes!” – Scott Fraser, RR. Spink chef
1. Pre heat your oven to 190°C (fan).
2. Using a 50mm round cutter, cut out 24 rounds of the puff pastry and place carefully onto a pre-greased baking tray.
3. Slice the beetroot into ½ cm slices then, using a 40mm cutter, cut out discs of beetroot and place in the centre of each of the puff pastry rounds (you can use the remaining beetroot for salads, soups etc).
4. Bake the rounds in the middle shelf of the oven for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Top each tart with a square of the smoked trout rolled into a cylinder.
6. To finish, sprinkle the tartlets with the chopped dill and clementine zest and serve with a topping of the crème fraîche .