Our Royal Fillet of Scottish smoked trout is the finest possible cut of the fish, so should be simply garnished and paired with the most exquisite of special occasion drinks – a fantastic Champagne.
- 1 tbsp of Lilliput capers
- 100ml crème fraiche
- 12 mini gherkins, very finely diced
- 2 free range eggs, hard boiled
- 1 tbsp of chives, finely chopped
- 1 lemon
- 2 x 25cm muslin squares
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp white sugar
- 1 bottle of Champagne, 2 glasses
“The Royal Fillet of Smoked Trout is a true delicacy – these classic garnishes are perfect for enhancing it’s beautiful natural flavour” – Scott Fraser, RR. Spink & Sons Chef
- To make the marinated shallots, mix the shallots, sugar and vinegar and leave to steep for at least 45-minutes. Drain before serving.
- To prepare the egg, separate the egg white from the egg yolk. Push each component separately through a sieve to form a fine paste.
- Cut the lemon in half and wrap each half in muslin; secure with string.
- Place the Royal fillet on a serving board and surround the fillet with small piles of each garnish – marinated shallots, egg, diced gherkins, capers, chives and lemon halves.
- Slice the Royal Fillet into 1cm pieces and top with each garnish separately, or with a mixture of two or more…
- Wash down with the chilled Champagne!