Enjoy a taste of Mexico with a Scottish twist, with these colourful, fresh and healthy tortillas.
- 200g RR. Spink & Sons Hot Smoked Trout, flaked
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 fresh chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbs fresh coriander, chopped
- 200g cherry tomatoes, or 3 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 carrots
- ¼ white cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 limes
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
To make the tomato salsa, add the tomatoes, onion, crushed garlic, chopped chillies and juice of ½ lime. Season with a pinch of salt and stir to combine and set aside.
To make the coleslaw, peel the carrots and grate on a box grater or mandoline. Add the finely shredded cabbage and spring onions. Add the mayonnaise and juice of ½ lime. Stir to combine and set aside
Just before serving, warm the tacos on a dry pan on the hob. Assemble the tacos with the flakes of hot smoked trout, coleslaw and salsa. Garnish with fresh coriander and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.