- 1 packet of RR Spink & Sons Loch Etvie Cold Smoked Trout (100g)
- 1kg baby new potatoes
- 1 tbsp cold pressed rape seed oil
- 100ml Crowdie cheese
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
“The perfect, quirky canapé to make the very best of delicious new potatoes!” – Scott Fraser, RR. Spink & Sons chef
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 ͦC. Cut a small cross into the top of each potato and place in a large bowl.
- Pour the cold pressed rape seed oil over the new potatoes and season lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper; toss until full coated and then arrange the potatoes onto a baking tray with the cross facing up. Bake for 20 minutes or until a knife instated meets with no resistance. Leave to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, dice the smoked trout into small 1/2cm pieces and mix with the Crowdie and lemon zest.
- Squeeze the baked potatoes on all sides until the cross opens up and spoon some of the Crowdie cheese and trout mixture onto of each one. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- To enjoy at their best, warm through in a 180 ͦC oven for 7-8 minutes. Sprinkle each with chives and a little smoked paprika to serve.