Marrying our favourite Scottish smoked trout with Northern European influences, this dish is buttery, rich and warming, making it a thoroughly satisfying at any hour.
- 150g of RR. Spink & Sons smoked trout
- 4 Nordic flat breads (such as Peter’s Yard flat breads)
- 6 whole free range eggs
- 1 tbsp of butter
- Small bunch of chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
“One of those quick recipes that’s perfect at anytime of day” – Scott Fraser, RR. Spink & Sons chef
- Begin by making the scrambled egg. Crack the eggs into a cup and beat with fork.
- Place a non-stick frying pan onto a medium heat and add the butter to melt.
- Once foaming, add the beaten eggs.
- Gently stir with a spatula until just set then season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the scrambled eggs onto the flat breads and top with slices of smoked trout.
- Finish with a sprinkle of snipped chives.