- 150g pack of RR. Spink & Sons Cold Smoked Trout
- 2 free range egg yolks
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 175ml of light olive oil
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 100g celeriac, cut into matchsticks
- 100g granny smith apple, cut into matchsticks
- Small bunch of finely chopped flat parsley
- To serve lemon wedges and fresh wholegrain bread
“Ideally, I serve this quick and easy remoulade and smoked trout with fresh, homemade bread – perfection.” – Scott Fraser, RR Spink & Sons chef
- Firstly make the mayonnaise. Mix the vinegar, egg yolks, salt and mustard together in a large bowl.
- Whisk until combined. Continue whisking and gradually pour in the olive oil in a steady stream.
- Finish the mayonnaise with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Mix the apple, celeriac and mayonnaise together and finish with the flat leaf parsley.
- Arrange the smoked trout on four plates and place a spoonful of the remoulade on the side.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and toasted bread (a perhaps a wee dram!)