- 1 packet of RR Spink & Sons Kiln Roast Trout (120g)
- Juice of 1 and ½ lime
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4g palm sugar
- 2 red chilies
- 1 small papaya
- 80 g green beans
- 50 g peanuts, crushed
- 7g fresh coriander
“Most South East Asian countries serve their own interpretation of this classic salad, and now we’ve created a deliciously Scottish iteration – enjoy!” Scott Fraser, RR. Spink & Sons Chef
- To make a dressing add the lime juice, fish sauce, garlic and palm sugar into the food processor or blender and whiz together until pureed.
- Top and tail the green beans and tenderize with a mallet; cut into 1cm pieces.
- Peel the papaya with a kitchen peeler, cut in half and scoop out the seeds out with a spoon; slice the flesh into long thin strips using a slicer, grater or mandolin.
- Cut the chilies in half and remove the seeds; slice finely.
- Pick the coriander leaves from the stalk and chop roughly.
- Finally, remove the trout from the packaging and flake into bite sized pieces
- Add the sliced papaya, green beans, chilies, trout and half of the coriander to a bowl, cover with the prepared dressing and toss together.
- To serve, arrange your salad onto plates and garnish with the peanuts and remaining coriander.